Saturday, April 10, 2010

12 months

Clayton had his 12 month check-up on April 5th. His stats are as follows:

· Weight: 22lbs 7oz (50%)

· Length: 31 ¾ inches (95%)

· Head Circumference: 18 ¾ inches (75%)

We are now feeding him all table food, which he seems to enjoy. So far, he hasn’t been a picky eater and I hope he stays that way. He definitely loves goldfish as a snack on the run, but I have to watch him because he tries to cram as many into his mouth at one time as he can. He also likes most kinds of fruit, lately he has been eating fresh pineapple and mango.

Clayton has gotten really good at blowing kisses and he loves to sing the “10 Little Indians” song. He also finally started clapping. I didn’t think he was ever going to clap and I think I seriously got more excited on the day that he first clapped than the day he first walked. J I believe the day he first clapped was around March 15th, when he was 11 ½ months old. His favorite toy is still his golf clubs, even after getting so many great toys for his birthday.

Clayton loves to be outside and he especially loves his new swing. He will just sit in there and relax, even if we aren’t pushing him. I must say, it does look pretty comfortable and relaxing to sway with the breeze under the trees…

His face cracks me up here!


Clayton still loves his bath time. Now he plays with his boats in the water and makes little motor sounds. I love that he is starting to use his imagination!



We had a little mock photo-shoot in early March...


Are we done yet???


Nick and I got Clayton a chair for his birthday and he thinks he is so big when he sits in it!




Clayton got his first haircut on March 23rd. He did fine until she started spraying water on his head, he didn't like that too much...

Before Haircut

After Haircut


Clayton had lots of fun with his cousins Jordan and Cate while they were in town from Arkansas. They came here for their Spring Break and for Clayton's birthday party.



Lisa and I have been trying to walk as much as we can since the weather has been so great.
Clayton and Ben ready for their walk!

Lisa and Ben relaxing after our walk.


Nick has been working for the past three months on finishing out our bonus room to make a playroom for Clayton and all of his toys. Nick did a great job, I love the way it turned out! Now I just need to find wall decorations and Nick is planning on building cubbies/drawers for the back wall of the play area. For one of the walls, I think I am going to find letters in all different styles and have all of the letters of the alphabet. I saw this online and it was really cute.



Clayton has a little play closet within the play room and he loves to hang out in there and to run in and out of it.


2 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Yea! This was a good post!! The pic of him in the swing cracks me up!

The Winter Family said...

the swing pic is greatness!! I love your ABC wall idea...can't wait to see how it turns out!