Thursday, March 26, 2009

39 week appointment

We had our 39 week doctor's appointment today. They did a sonogram and Clayton is 7lbs 3oz and 19 3/4 inches long. They also did a 3D image of his face, which was a surprise because we haven't had a 3D sono before. It made me even more excited for him to get here because he is so cute! (I'm not partial or anything :)) His little hand is blocking one side of his face. Every time we have had a sono, he has had his hand right by his face. Hopefully that means he will like to be a little snuggler. The pic is not super clear on here because I had to take a picture of it with my camera since we don't have a scanner, but it's better than nothing.

My body still hasn't progressed any, so it looks like we are going to have to force the little guy to make his appearance. My doctor said I will be induced one day next week and I should find out the exact day tomorrow. I requested to not be induced on April Fool's day, so hopefully the hospital will have another day next week available. It is crazy to think that this will be our last weekend to sleep in and do things on our own schedule... I am definitely ready for him to join our family, though.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow! I can't believe the time has come already. I am sure it hasn't seemed so quick for you. I am so excited for the two of you. Be so so selfish for the next week, because once he arrives it all changes in the most wonderful, but selfless way. We will be praying for a healthy arrival for the little guy.

Lisa and Ryan said...

Ahhh- he's so cute!! I can't tell who he looks like- that is so weird that we'll see him next week!! I want to hold him!!

Anonymous said...

Oh he's so cute ! (I'm not predjudiced either). Now really can't wait to hold him. Grandma Vicari

lisaburgess27 said...

Yay!!! I am so glad you are finally a blogger! I can't wait to meet little Clayton next week. He's one lucky little guy to have you two as his mommy and daddy! Love you!

AllisonStephens said...

Yea! I'm so happy you have a blog now. I can't wait for little Clayton to get here! I can't believe it's almost time!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to little Clayton!! What a beautiful newborn. Job well done, Nick and Jenn. Now the real fun begins. Ya'll will spend many amazing, entertaining hours doing things you probably never dreamed you'd do (and enjoying it) with Clayton.
CONGRATULATIONS to you all. Can't wait to see that sweet boy! Love to you all,
The Grumbles Family

marileemcfadden said...

he is so adorable. that is jennifer's mouth if i've ever seen it! we love all three of you! call us when you have some time!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
marilee and brody