Sleeping Angel
First Walk
It is crazy how much he has grown in just two weeks. Clayton had his two week doctor's appointment last Friday and he weighed 8 lbs 10 oz. The doctor said he was around the 50th percentile for weight and he was in the 95th percentile for height. I am not quite sure where this height is coming from... We'll see if he continues this trend at his next doctor's appointment, which will be at 8 weeks.
We found out Clayton had jaundice last week, so we had to have people come to the house and bring a light therapy blanket and take his blood. Our poor baby has had his blood taken so many times in his short little life and it is absolute torture for he and his mommy. The nurse has to poke his heel and then squeeze his foot for what seems like hours to fill up a tube with blood and he screams in agony the entire time. I am so glad his jaundice levels came down after about a day of light therapy and his torture was somewhat shortlived.
Check out my little glow worm :)
We spent Easter at my parents house and Clayton got to meet the rest of his cousins and got to spend time with his great grandparents and got to see his aunt Laura again. My poor sister found out she has mono, so she can't snuggle with Clayton, which is torturous for her. Hopefully she will recover soon and the next time she is home she can get lots of snuggle time in.
Clayton's first Easter bunny
Nana and Ra, who drove in from Arkansas to meet their great grandson
Aunt Laura
I also tried to take some pictures of Clayton's nursery. The nursery was our big project that we started when we found out we were having a boy. Nick and his dad put chair rail up and then Nick painted the room including the stripes, which were quite a tedious project. Gammy (my mom) and my sister-in-law, Sandy, made the bedding and draperies. Everything came together exactly how I envisioned and I know Clayton will love it. He hasn't really spent much time in there yet because he is sleeping in his "Snugglenest" between Nick and I right now. We plan on transitioning him to his room once he is sleeping through the night.

7 comments:
Hey Jennifer!
I'm so glad you found our blog! I was really looking forward to seeing Clayton at the golf tournament so I was really excited to get a sneak peek! He is so handsome! It'll be fun to keep up with y'all!
Clayton's nursery is gorgeous! Keep the pictures coming!
Rachel
jenn he is so cute! and your nursery is so beautiful! hopefully we get to come to dallas soon so i can snuggle with your little man!
I'm so glad he is off of his light machine :) He's so adorable and I can't wait to hold him again!
He's so precious and I'm glad he's all better. It's the worst to see them poked. Love the nursery too!
He is SO, SO cute! I love his nursery. You guys did a good job on it!
hey y'all! he is so beautiful! and getting much bigger! i can't wait to hold him!!! call me when you can.
marilee
Jennifer & Nick - I am sorry to hear about Clayton's jaundice, I hope that is behind you soon. He is precious and so is your nursery. I hope to see you all soon. I will be in the area in mid-May, maybe we can plan a visit.
Post a Comment