Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Baths, Friends and Family

The past few weeks have flown by! It is amazing how much more alert Clayton is now. He loves to look at the giant trees out of the windows in our living room. I really need to get better with updating this blog, but we haven't really done anything too eventful. We have had Clayton on lock down with the whole Swine Flu epidemic, which has put a damper on his (and our) activities. Here are some updates on what we have been up to the last few weeks.

Clayton got his first real bath since his umbilical cord finally fell off. We weren't sure how it was going to go because he didn't really like his sponge baths, but he loved his bath. It was so cute he just layed there all sprawled out and didn't seem to be in a hurry to get out. Nick and I have also discovered that this is a great way to get him to calm down. He is so relaxed after his baths. We will definitely be incorporating baths in our bedtime routine.




We went over to Ryan and Lisa's for dinner. It was great to get out of the house and hang out with them. Addyson got to hold Clayton for the first time. It was hilarious because she was into it for about 10 seconds and then she wanted him off her lap. I think she prefers the Jen Jen and Nick with no baby so she can have 100% of our attention. :) I know that once Clayton is a little older Addyson will love bossing him around and they will be great friends.




Allison and Lucas brought Parker over this past Sunday and we got to introduce the boys. Parker was born 3 days before Clayton, and it was so neat to see them together. We layed them next to eachother and they eventually locked arms. When it was time for them to leave we had to pry their arms apart. It was so cute! I wish we lived closer so we could have playdates more often. Allison and I consulted eachother a lot during our pregnancy and it is great that we will be able to share stories and experiences as we go through motherhood with these boys. I am so thankful to have so many girlfriends that are going through this same experience right now. Clayton is going to had so many great friends!






This past weekend we spent a lot of time over at my parents. It was nice to get a change of scenery. My sister and brothers came over, so Clayton got lots of snuggle time, which he loved. I read that you can't spoil a baby until they are 2 months old, but I have a feeling that may be false. Clayton definitely prefers to be held and he is starting to wake up within about 10 minutes of being put down during the day. We may need to start weening him off of being held, but that is no fun for anyone, except maybe when I need to take a shower or make some lunch...








Nick decided Clayton needed a new book. All of the books we had didn't seem to be for newborns because the pictures were not bold enough and they didn't capture his attention. Well, Daddy definitely knows how to pick out books because Clayton loves it! The books has mirrors on each page and that happens to be a favorite of Clayton's. He loves looking at himself in the mirror. :)

5 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Yea!! Cute pictures!! That last one of Nick reading him the book is so cute!

David and Robin Engelson said...

So cute!!! I can't wait to meet him. I will be home this summer - sometime in July so we will have to get together!!

marileemcfadden said...

i love the new pictures and stories! i can't wait to hug all three of you!!! :)

AllisonStephens said...

He's precious and he's grown so much! You look amazing! We need to plan a weekend this summer when Robin's in town when we can get all the babies together. :)

Allison said...

We had such a good time visiting you guys!! Clayton is such a cute boy!!