Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Road Trip

Laura and I took Clayton on his first road trip last week. She had to go to San Marcos to meet with an advisor for school, so I volunteered to ride down with her for the night and thought we could do a bit of outlet shopping while we were down there. I definitely got a taste of how different life is with a baby on that trip. Our drive to San Marcos that typically takes about 3 1/2 hours took us 5 hours because we had to stop and feed and change diapers. I am sure my sister was wishing we just let her make her quick trip solo after spending that much time in the car with a sometimes screaming baby. :) We actually did have fun once we got there, though. We went and ate at the River Pub and sat on the patio that overlooks the river and had some margaritas. Clayton slept the entire time we were there. He also did pretty good at the outlets, considering we got him in and out of the stroller about 5 times as we moved our car from one side of the mall to the other in our haste to hit as many stores as possible in the hour and a half we had to shop.

No comments: