Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was wonderful and very special. Nick let me sleep in both Saturday and Sunday and made a yummy breakfast on Saturday morning. We celebrated with Nick's side of the family on Saturday afternoon and night. We went bowling with his parents, sister and aunt, uncle and cousin who were in town for the weekend. I hadn't been bowling in forever and it was a lot of fun. Then we went to his parent's house that night for dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Clayton with his Grandma for Mother's Day, so I included this pic of Clayton and his Grandpa from that night.



On Sunday, we celebrated Mother's Day with my side of the family by going to the club. That morning, Nick surprised me with a beautiful necklace from he and Clayton. It has an aquamarine (Clayton's birthstone) and diamond pendant and I love it! You can kind of see it in the picture below.




The day before Mother's Day, Clayton reached a milestone. ..He looked at me and smiled for the first time! He had smiled before, but I think it was just gas or something... This was the first time that he knowingly looked at me, recognized my face and then gave a big beautiful smile. I started crying instantly. It was such a special moment. Now we can get him to smile a lot and he loves to give his daddy smiles when he gets home from work. I can't wait until he starts giggling. I think he is getting close because he is starting to make lots of happy sounds when he is playing.

No comments: