Saturday, August 7, 2010

Shoulda Been a Cowboy...

In June, we took Clayton to the "cattle drive" that they do everyday at 11:30am and 4pm in the Stockyards. We didn't really know what to expect, but all I can say is I am really glad we weren't late because we would have totally missed it because it lasted about 2 minutes. Clayton did love seeing the longhorns, though. We will probably go back again in the fall when it isn't so hot and have a little lunch outing in the stockyards.





My brother, John, lives on about 10 acres and has cows, so we decided to take Clayton over there so he could see the cows and feed them. Clayton absolutely loves cows and he was completely overwhelmed by getting to be so close to so many cows. He had the best time!

Sitting on the four wheeler with Papa




Check out this cow's tongue! I wouldn't get anywhere near that thing!

Clayton and Uncle John


Fetching cow treats out of the "treat bucket". At one point both of his feet were in the air because he reached so far into the bucket! :)

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

I love all the posts and especially the pictures. The first picture of Clayton in this post is soooo cute. Nick walked in when I was looking at it and we were both just cracking up.