Saturday, August 7, 2010

15 Months

I am finally trying to get caught up with my blog. I just did several posts of our summer, so keep scrolling...:)

Clayton had his 15 month check-up on July 14th. His stats were as follows:
  • Weight: 22lb 4oz (25%)
  • Height: 32 3/4 (95%)
  • Head Circumference: 19 inches (75%)

He lost a pound from his 12 month check-up to his 15 month check-up. I think it probably is because we had to take him off of cow's milk and start him on rice milk because of his throw-up issues. Once I took him off cow's milk, he stopped throwing up, so I think he may have a milk allergy. The rice milk does not have much fat, so I have been trying to fatten him up with avocados everyday. They are still his favorite food!

Clayton is really trying to figure out how to talk. Sometimes he sounds like he is speaking chinese. So far, he can say these words: mama, dada, dog, ball, golf, hot, uh-oh, baba (sippy cup with milk), bath, night-night, papa, cracker, nose, mouth, bye bye, hello, hi.

Lately he has developed this desire to "help". He likes to help feed the dog, so I let him carry the cup of food and dump it into her bowl. Half the time he dumps the food out right before he makes it over to her bowl, so it ends up all over the floor, but Bailey ends up eating it, so not big deal. He also likes helping me with laundry. He will help put the clothes in the washer and then help transfer the clothes from the washer to the dryer. He gets such a look of accomplishment when he helps complete a task. It is so cute!

Clayton's appetite has changed over the last month. He went from being such a good eater to being a bit of a picky eater. He has decided that he doesn't like any form of meat now, not even Chick-fil-a! So, to get him to eat meat, we have to disguise it in guacamole. Hopefully he will switch back to eating whatever we put in front of him! It is quite the challenge to figure out what to give him to ensure he is getting all of the nutrients he needs. Stressful!

No comments: