On our way home from Addison, we got a call from Nick's sister, Lora. She called his cell phone and asked where he was. He told her he was driving back from dinner and she told him to give me the phone. When I got the phone, I could tell she had been crying and she told me to tell Nick to pull over because she needed to tell him something and she didn't want him to be driving. At that minute, my heart just sank because I knew something bad had happened. Nick's parents were on a trip to Kerville with their motorcycle group and I thought they must have gotten into an accident. It ended up that Nick's dad, Augie, had a heart attack earlier that day. Luckily, he was with a group of people when he started feeling symptoms and they gave him some aspirin and Linda ended up making him go to the hospital in Kerville. The doctors let him know that he was having a heart attack and he was helicoptered to a heart hospital in San Antonio. Linda made us promise not to drive to San Antonio that night, so we drove down Sunday morning. Augie ended up having a quadruple bypass on Wednesday, so we stayed in San Antonio until Wednesday night. Clayton was a perfect little angel the whole time we were in San Antonio. We hung out in Augie's hospital room most of the time and Clayton entertained us with his smiles and coos. Augie is now home and is recovering speedily. We are so thankful that he is okay and we know it was such a blessing that he survived his heart attack and had a successful surgery.
Reading book with Grandpa
On Father's Day weekend, Nana, Ra, Greg and Cate came in town from Arkansas. They hadn't seen Clayton since he was two weeks old and they thought he had sure grown a lot. We had everyone over to our house for dinner on Friday night and we went to my parents on Saturday. We went to eat brunch with my parents on Sunday and then Nick got his request to watch golf the entire rest of the day on Father's Day. Clayton slept on his daddy for most of the afternoon, which seems to be one of his favorite places to sleep. Nick is such a good daddy and I know Clayton with idolize him as he gets older.
Nana loved holding Clayton. He is almost bigger than her!
Snuggling with Daddy on Father's Day

Clayton is learning new things each day. He has started grabbing for objects and he likes to hold his blankie. He also loves it when we talk to him and he tries to talk back to us. His favorite words are: "I'm Good", "Oh", "Wow!" and "I Love You". Any time we say any of these words to him, his little face just lights up and he gets a huge smile and tries to say the words back to us. It is precous. We keep trying to capture it on tape, but the child seems to be camera shy because he freezes up everytime he notices the video camera. I also wanted to include a few cute pictures we have taken of Clayton over the past few weeks.



4 comments:
So precious!! He has gotten so big! I am sorry to hear about Nick's dad but glad to hear he is recovering well.
Love the new pics, Clayton is getting so big and he is adorable in his soccer outfit! :) Happy 5 year anniversary and I'm so glad your father-in-law is okay...how scary!
So sweet Jennifer! He is getting so big and looks really long :)! I'm so sorry to hear about Nick's dad but I'm glad he's doing better and that you guys got to be with him.
I'm so glad to hear Nick's dad is home and feeling better. Happy Anniversary and Clayton is cuter than ever. I can't wait to see him again soon!!!
Post a Comment